2018 was a year full of growth and change for Open Options. As we celebrated our twenty-first year of business, we also mourned the unexpected and tragic loss of Jonathan Berman, who had been an integral part of the Open Options family for nearly two decades. In mid-December of this year, our team announced we were to be acquired by ACRE, which will provide new opportunities for growth and expansion for both ACRE and Open Options. We want to thank our customers, dealers, and partners for your continued support and let you know how much we truly value your relationship to Open Options. Continue reading below for some more highlights from 2018.
Open Options continues to experience growth in the marketplace, and consequently, in personnel. Throughout 2018, we welcomed several new employees to the Open Options team in various departments across the company:
- Lauren Yonis – Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Brittany Tate – Technical Trainer
- Zack Davis – Technical Support Representative
- Ephraim Wiggins – Technical Support Representative
- Joy Doherty – Production Manager
- Brent Mucher – Pacific Northwest Regional Sales Manager
- Jose Charco – Technical Support Representative
- Shannon Diddell – South Central Regional Sales Manager
We also had some promotions take place during the year. At the beginning of 2018, we established a Professional Services department with William Murphey announced as the Professional Services and Engineering Manager. In his new role, William is responsible for creating the infrastructure to grow and manage this department. To learn more about the services we offer, visit our website. Nic Robran was promoted to Technical Support Supervisor, where he will oversee the technical support department and ensure customer satisfaction through our support team.
Software & Integrations
Our development team works tirelessly to ensure DNA Fusion is equipped with the feature set necessary to provide the most advanced access control solutions possible. This year we had nine major software releases, and also executed several new third-party integrations as well as updated and improved various existing integrations:
- Mirasys video integration
- Kone elevator integration
- Added support for the Mercury Series 3 product line
- ISS video integration
- Hikvision video integration
- Schindler elevator integration
- Allegion backend support for ENGAGE IP Gateway (full release Q1 2019)
We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with the best technology available through our third-party offerings in 2019.
Tradeshows & Events
Open Options participated in several tradeshows and events throughout the year. We once again exhibited at ISC West, where we showcased DNA Fusion and its powerful components to 30,000 security professionals. While we didn’t have a booth space at GSX in Las Vegas, we were still a co-sponsor of the 15th annual Security Industry Party. In November, we also exhibited at ISC East in New York City.
In October 2018 we hosted our first-ever A&E Summit just outside Austin, Texas, where A&Es and consultants gathered to learn more about Open Options as a company and our numerous product offerings. Click here for a recap of the event.
Open Options also attended several partner events throughout the year put on by Mercury, Milestone, and Knight Security, to name a few. We enjoy being able to support our partners and highlight our relationships through this avenue. The Open Options sales force also attended and exhibited at various regional events, including the MSMA Fall Conference and the Campus Security Summit both in Orlando and Phoenix hosted by Campus Security & Life Safety magazine.
Open Options was proud to support many charitable efforts and events throughout the year:
- At ISC West, we participate in the Security 5/2K benefiting Mission 500, a nonprofit organization that works closely with the security industry to provide aid to children and families living in poverty in the United States.
- Every spring, Open Options holds a company crawfish boil and silent auction, with all proceeds from the auction going to our local Ronald McDonald House.
- This past summer, Open Options was a sponsor of the ASPIN Saltwater Fishing Tournament in Matagorda, Texas. ASPIN is a nonprofit dedicated to meeting needs of professionals in the security industry affected by man-made or natural disasters, illness, accidents, or death. dedicated to meeting the needs of professionals in the security industry affected by man-made or natural disasters, illness, accidents, or death.
- Each October, Open Options serves as a gold sponsor for the Southwest Airlines LUV Classic golf tournament and party. Since 1985, this event has donated more than $16 million to deserving children’s charities.
- Lastly, every holiday season we host a Toys for Tots toy drive at our corporate headquarters. Donations received during the drive are distributed locally to children in need.
Again, we want to thank all of you who helped make 2018 such a success. We are looking forward to a great 2019 together!