We are looking for a Technical Writer to join the Open Options team. The ideal candidate will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of Open Options products and services, and will participate in various tasks to aide in training processes.
You will work closely with talented personnel who collaborate with developers, sales engineers, and support experts to ensure our products are the most cutting-edge and user-friendly on the market.
- Assist with the creation and publication of various manuals and documents, including the User, Technical and Hardware manuals, and Technical Bulletins.
- Organize material and complete department-oriented writing assignments per set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain a thorough record of work and revisions as it pertains to training processes and procedures.
- Edit and/or standardize pertinent department material.
- Collaborate with the Director of Education Services to establish technical specifications and determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Collaborate with other team members to determine future publication needs, including manuals, instructional videos, content-sensitive help and related material.
- Review and recommend revisions in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and distribution of published materials.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and outline technology and operating procedures for documentation and other materials.
- Utilize development documents to assist with production of documentation.
- If needed, interview development personnel and review other material to become familiar with new product offerings.
- Assist in the production of training videos and online training resources.
- Great attention to detail in order to deliver high-quality documentation.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable through text and images.
- Preference given to individuals with working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe RoboHelp and Captivate programs preferred.
If interested in this position, please email your resume to our Director of Education Services, Sherinda Barrow.
Applicants must submit a resume in order to be considered for the position.