Open Options is currently seeking a Technical Trainer. The technical trainer is responsible for delivering training on Open Options products. When not teaching, the Technical Trainer will be preparing for future training classes, updating existing training material, and improving the current course content. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and presentation skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will provide training through classroom instructor-led and online instructor-led training methods to support the success of both Open Options dealers and system users.
- Edit and develop training curriculum, including presentations, handouts and test material.
- Work within the training team to manage the training and timelines associated with the technical training program.
- Customize various curriculums to best suit the audiences training needs. This will include both software and hardware training.
- Maintain adequate inventories of training materials and handouts.
- Consult with various Open Options teams such as Engineering, Development, Sales, Marketing, and Technical Support to ensure training content is relevant, accurate and aligned with the company’s mission.
- Responsible for making travel arrangements for on-site and regional trainings.
- Manage training materials, logistics, and scheduling.
- Maintain a current, in-depth knowledge of the functions and features of Open Options products.
- Experience in delivering technical training.
- Prefer some experience performing administrative tasks such as scheduling and confirming training classes.
- Direct or indirect experience with leading/creating certification training programs.
- Experience in electronic security installation, service, software applications, and training helpful.
- Exceptional presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to provide in-person classroom training successfully, confidently and coherently.
- Knowledge of learning and training principles using both live and online training formats preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of networking principles helpful
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
If interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to our Director of Education Services, Sherinda Barrow.