Issue: Connecting a RS-485 Reader
Applies to: DNA Fusion version 6.0 and above
Summary: Instructions on how to connect and utilizing a reader via RS-485 instead of Wiegand.
Download PDF w/images:
First, wire the reader correctly and configure the reader for OSDP in DNA Fusion. For a reader to communicate via RS-485 mode rather than Wiegand, the wires for RS-485 connection (per the reader schematics) need to be wired to the CLK/D1 and DAT/D0 points on the reader port of the sub-controller.
For example, on an AptiQ reader, the schematic shows that the Pink A/Y wire needs to be connected to the CLK/D1 port and the Tan B/Z wire needs to be connected to the DAT/D0 port.
Once the reader is wired, the reader properties in DNA Fusion will need to be configured to reflect the OSDP interface.
To set the reader properties in DNA Fusion:
- Open DNA Fusion and log in.
- Open the Hardware Browser and expand the Door to locate the desired Reader.
- Right click on the reader and select Properties from the resulting menu.
**The Reader Properties dialog opens**
- Select the Reader Properties option from the menu on the left of the dialog.
- Check the Open Options website for more Technical Bulletins
- Select the Reader/LED Config: drop down and select the OSDP Reader option from the list.
- From the Keypad Mode drop down, select 0 No Keypad Decoding Defined option.
- Uncheck the Wiegand Pulses option as well as the Trim Zero Bits option.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
**The DNAFusion download dialog will appear**
- Click Yes to download the changes to the controller.